This Privacy Notice sets out how Moving Performance Limited (“the Company”) handles the personal information we obtain from our clients, suppliers, contacts and other third parties.
We invite you to read this Privacy Notice which describes the types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how you can manage the information we have about you, and how you can contact us.
The information to which this Privacy Notice applies is “personal data”, which is defined in current data privacy law as information which can identify living people. Where we refer to personal data below, we use the term “personal information”.
Our Privacy Notice was last updated on 25 May 2018. The contents of our Privacy Notice may change from time to time. Please check it now and again so that you are sure you are happy to share your personal information with the Company.
Who We Are
Moving Performance Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07043816. Our registered office is at Orchard House, Nailsbourne, Taunton, Somerset, England, TA2 8AE.
Data Protection Principles
We adhere to the data protection principles set out in the General Data Protection Regulation which requires personal information to be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not use in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- Accurate and kept up-to-date;
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and
- Kept securely.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
- If you are seeking general information about the Company when you contact us through our website or make an enquiry by telephone or email or in person;
- If you access our website, we identify your IP address – please see our Cookies Policy on our website for more information;
- If you, or an organisation for whom you work, has contracted with us to use our services, in corresponding and liaising with us;
- If you have consented to receive our updates and marketing communications (for example, details of new services we offer);
- Through trusted third parties (business information only).
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Depending on the method of collection, the personal information we collect might be all or some of the following:
- Your name and title;
- Your email address;
- Your contact telephone number;
- Your employer and place of work;
- Your IP address;
- Information gathered via our website, such as the browser from which you visited the website and the pages you view.
How We Use The Personal Information We Collect
Where we have entered into a contract with you or with the organisation with whom you work, we use your personal information to meet our obligations under that contract and, in some cases, to comply with our legal obligations.
We use personal information we collect for the purposes of providing information and answering general enquiries about the Company and our services. Using relevant personal information solely for these purposes is in our legitimate interests as a commercial business, provided that we use personal information in a proportionate way that respects your privacy rights as an individual.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep some personal information for six years after we complete a contract with you or the organisation with whom you work. We have a legitimate purpose for retaining personal information for this length of time for legal and taxation reasons.
If you have consented to receive our updates and marketing communications, we retain your personal information until such time as you withdraw that consent.
We do not keep personal information in any identifiable format longer than is necessary in the case of ordinary visitors to our website.
Subject to the initial period, you have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal information save where it is necessary to perform a contract or where we need to keep the personal information for legal or taxation reasons.
The Company takes all appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the integrity and security of the personal information it holds.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties so you will not receive marketing or advertising material you do not want.
In the event that the Company becomes subject to a re-organisation, such as a merger, an acquisition of assets or a share sale, we may in accordance with our legitimate interests need to share some of your personal information with third parties who have a need to know about it specifically for reasons connected with the re-organisation.
We may share or reveal personal information if we are obliged or permitted to do so by law, or if it is required by law enforcement, fraud prevention, credit reference agencies, tax authorities or regulatory bodies.
Exporting Your Personal Information
We do not transfer any personal information outside the United Kingdom. We do not hold any personal information on servers that are outside the EEA.
Managing Personal Information
You have the right as an individual to manage the personal information we hold about you and make amendments if this is necessary. You are also able to withdraw any consent you might have given us to receive marketing communications, such as newsletters or general information about our products and services, from the Company. You may also object to the Company using your personal information even if we rely on our legitimate interests to make use of it.
You have several rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most of these, if you exercise them we may ask for information from you to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us find your personal information. We will respond to you within 30 days after we have received a valid request, by which we mean a request that is backed up with any identification documents that we have requested.
You have the following rights:
- To request a copy or summary of the personal information we hold about you;
- To correct and update your personal information;
- To withdraw your consent (where we rely on it) from receiving any further communications from us which are not necessary (for example, we will not send you invitations to events, newsletters or details or our new services) or in respect of other matters for which your consent has already been given;
- To object to certain kinds of processing of your personal information such as automated processing and profiling;
- To erase your personal information or restrict its use.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
You can exercise your rights and manage your information by contacting us at:
Moving Performance Limited, Orchard House, Nailsbourne, Taunton, Somerset, England, TA2 8AE
Telephone number: +44(0) 207 1836250
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Issues and Complaints
If you have an issue regarding how we handle personal information, please do not hesitate to contact the Company first. We will do everything we can to try to resolve your issue. If, however, you need to make a complaint, the contact details of the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK’s supervisory authority for data protection issues, are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone number: 0303 123 1113
You can also log your complaint or raise an issue on the ICO’s website at: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/